Satellite Program Manager – Switzerland
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
HummingSat is the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
SWISSto12 is also a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Acting as Program Manager or deputy Program Manager for the delivery of HummingSat to a major GEO telecommunications operator
- Leading all phases of the program – from initiation through delivery to the customer.
- Working in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Acting as a customer point of contact for program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Leading the strategic partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.
- Maintain & tracking the program’s requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing.
- Perform risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the continual risk management process.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- 5 or more years of experience on GEO spacecraft programs or equivalent complex space programs and systems engineering. Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Experience with managing customer / operator and supplier interfaces
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds, as well as spread across different regions
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Experience with various relevant schedule tools
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,) is an optional plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position will be based in our Lausanne office and will require occasional travel across Europe and to the US to work with teams and supplier at both locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe and the US with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California and another team in New Hampshire. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.