SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
SWISSto12 is a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems for aerospace applications. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
SWISSto12 is also providing the HummingSat as the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to an innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for a buyer to join our team:
- Want to play a key role in building out a first in class procurement department
- Are motivated by understanding business needs and how procurement can support them
- Are stimulated by working in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment where each day is different…
Than this role is for you
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the sourcing and procurement for direct and indirect goods and services, including quality, on time delivery and cost
- Being responsible for managing Purchase Orders in ERP system.
- Preparing and managing competitive RFXs
- Ensuring the internal databases are kept up do date with updated order details
- Managing KPIs during the life cycle of suppliers and products to ensure we are using best in practice products and tools
- Developing multi-sourcing strategies
- Negotiating different purchase orders (goods and services).
- Providing occasional support to colleagues.
To do this, you will:
- Actively build and strengthen both internal and external relationships with different parties across multiple locations and levels of the organization
- Build excellent working relationships with suppliers to:
- Collect Purchase Order confirmations, track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Collect RFX responses, organize trade comparisons of responses, use results to optimize sourcing costs, quality, lead-times and overall performance
- Implement and carry out supplier performance management and supplier relationship management where applicable
- Research potential new suppliers
- Partner with different parts of the organization:
- Accounting: ensure goods and services are correctly validated in the ERP and that the relevant financial process is in place to ensure the timely payment of the supplier invoices and manage invoicing differences
- Business: develop and implement procurement best practices
- Other parts of the company depending on their procurement needs
- Participate in the annual quality evaluation, supplier audits and non-conformity management.
Your aim is to actively support the growth of the business by delivering be best on time and on cost procurement services possible.
- You are customer oriented and aim to offer the best service possible to your clients
- Have extensive experience building relationships with and dealing with manufacturers, sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors
- Negotiating is part of who you are and you excel at it
- Love the challenge of finding solutions to even the most demanding problems.
- A team-player who loves being part of multi-cultural team
- Enjoy working autonomously and taking the lead where necessary
- Curious and willing to learn every day
- A great communicator, both written and spoken
- Have a min of 3-5 years of experience in a similar goods and services procurement position
- Have a Business Degree in Business Economics or procurement
- Are fully Fluent in English and French, any other language is a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers an attractive compensation package. This position will be based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office and may include occasional travel to our other offices and suppliers.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.