Sr Project Engineering Manager
SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
In addition to its RF product line, SWISSto12 also commercializes HummingSat: SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to an innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for a Sr Project Engineering Manager to join our EW/SIGINT and SATCOM team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all phases of the assigned project- from initiation through delivery to the customer.
- Hold accountability for program success on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program financial performance.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Define with the project team the product development plan, prioritize the activities in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product deliverable.
- Lead the partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.
- Maintain & track the program’s requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing.
- Perform risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the continual risk management process.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Extensive experience as a project manager or system engineer in a high-tech hardware product industry, ideally for 7 years or more.
- Engineering degree in a technically pertinent domain: electrical or aerospace engineering or physics or mechanical
- Curious and creative in approaching cutting edge products in the defense, aeronautics and space industries.
- Excellent customer focus with experience managing customers and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team on resolving complex technical problems and complex management activities.
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization
- Proven ability to write clear technical, quality and management documents
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
Would be a strong plus:
- Experience in aerospace and defence complex system design
- A system engineering background
- A background in RF technologies communication systems
- A good knowledge of precision mechanical production and material engineering
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position can be based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between our office locations to work teams and suppliers at all locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.