Spacecraft Quality Engineer
SWISSto12 is recruiting a Spacecraft Quality Engineer to join its development and customer program execution efforts on the HummingSat: SWISSto12’s GEO satellite product line.
The position opened herein will operate from the company’s HQ in Renens (close to Lausanne), and will require travel between the SWISSto12 locations (California&Switzerland) to work with the integrated team at both locations for these satellite programs as well as travel to suppliers and subcontractors (Europe & North America). This role will also be closely involved with the satellite AIT campaign, which will require travel during the AIT campaign.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Produce PA/QA management plans for the execution and delivery of spacecraft and payload system programs.
- Draft and implement quality assurance policies and procedures within the company and ensure compliance with applicable space industry standards, customer specifications and overall regulations.
- Work with the Program Managers to deliver programs effectively, efficiently and with customer satisfaction.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents.
- Work with the Programs and Engineering colleagues on deepening the understanding of the products and technical processes to drive the definition of quality metrics, requirements, and improvements thereof.
- Participate to various project review meetings as well as formal milestone reviews with customers to ensure that requirements are being met.
- Support the process of risk management, contribute to maintaining the risk register.
- Plan and perform audits and manage corrective actions to validate business processes and identify opportunities as a part of a continuous improvement culture.
- Track, manage, coordinate resolution of non-conformances reports (NCRs) and anomalies.
- Track and manage RFDs and RFWs.
- Contribute to the definition, implementation and management of a configuration management system for spacecraft and payload systems activities.
- Track and report quality assurance metrics to inform of status and improve operations.
- Provide PA/QA reporting to the SWISSto12 program managers as well as management and external customers.
- Manage PA documentation for programs.
- Contribute to the coaching and training of colleagues on quality engineering topics.
- Interact with suppliers in Quality/Product Assurance matters.
- Support in-house Quality Management System activities.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a small company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, physics or a comparable qualification.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a Quality function working on high-technology hardware products.
- Mastering ISO 9001 norm, experience with EN 9100, ISO 13485 or ISO/TS 16949 is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Experience with the design, manufacturing, testing, qualification and delivery of space hardware which achieves customer requirements.
- An understanding of Space related practices, procedures, processes and standards.
- Good knowledge and practice of ECSS and MIL-STD normative systems
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics
- Good leadership in the area of Product Assurance and Quality competence
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels of the organization as well as external suppliers and customers
- Knowledge of the ESA Industry Alert system and the GIDEP system is a plus
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references through the LinkedIn platform.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems for Telecommunications, Remote sensing and Radar applications in the Aerospace industry. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercial with success in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
Developing from its RF product and system portfolio, SWISSto12 is now progressing on advanced end-to-end payloads and spacecraft missions. The first HummingSat mission has recently been kicked off based on the combination of an order of a reputed satellite telecom operator and a partnership contract with the European Space Agency, it is planned for launch in 2025 . SWISSto12 is hence staffing a satellite program management and execution team to deliver against this HummingSat mission.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.