SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
In addition to its RF product line, SWISSto12 also commercializes HummingSat: SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect Engineer to join our development and customer program execution efforts and to support our Sales Process.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology and capabilities that we can tailor to provide the best solution for our customer.
- Drive the high-level design process with the customer, define interfaces and analyse technical trade-offs.
- Work with our customers to define the solution and translate it into technical/engineering requirements including design, performance needs and test requirements.
- Work closely with the SWISSto12 technical team to define the detailed solution for our customers.
- Analyse customer specifications and SoWs in order to fully understand the customer’s use cases and RF, Mechanical, System and Environmental requirements to ensure our solutions fit for their intended purpose.
- Own system level design verification tests and qualification to customer needs.
- Answer RFIs/RFQs and write detailed proposals.
- Provide pre-sales technical support.
- During project execution, act as the main technical point of contact part of the Project Management team.
- Contribute to the development of long-term plans and objectives for our Intelligence Product Line.
- Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Demonstrated hands on delivery experience of design, development, verification, validation, industrialization and qualification aspects of complex engineering projects, delivered via gated reviews in fields of Space, Aerospace, Defense or other safety critical environment.
- Deep understanding of aeronautic or defence industry design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation principles.
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies.
- Extensive experience working with incrementally complex RF systems, preferably for 7 years or more.
- Proven ability to optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Excellent customer focused environment with extensive experience in managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Able to work on a self-initiated basis while being part of a team
- Good knowledge of relevant standards (MIL-STD, DO-160, DEF STAN).
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Rigorous, autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Language: Fluent English and Hebrew is a prerequisite.
- Engineer degree, Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Experience working with EW systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis…) is a plus.
The position opened to work from Israel and requires travel between Israel and Switzerland to work with the integrated team active across both locations for the relevant programs.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.