Senior Project Manager
SWISSto12 is recruiting an experienced project manager to join its product development and customer program execution efforts.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced engineered Radio-Frequency (RF) products for telecommunications, electronic warfare and radar applications in the Aerospace and Defense industries. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercially with success in Europe and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Airbus Defense&Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. The company also develops the US market on RF products in partnership with the local US industry leader CAES. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a subsidiary in Santa Clara in the USA and has a presence in Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream. The position opened herein is to operate out of Lausanne.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Leads all phases of programs from beginning through completion.
- Hold accountability for program success or failure on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program profitability.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure compliance with the contract and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for program activities, lead program review sessions, feedbacks, interactions, complaints and improvements.
- Direct the activities of the multidisciplinary engineering team that is allocated to the programs you lead.
- Lead partners and major suppliers in alignment to the agreements and targets of the customer contracts.
- Understand and consolidate customer requirements and specifications in collaboration with colleagues and the customers
- Maintain & track the program’s contracted requirements and the change order process.
- Observe the design changes, delta developments, manufacturing, testing of the partners and major suppliers.
- Identify program issues through risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the resolution process, including modifying contract specification.
- Review the product readiness prior to their delivery.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Write technical documentation, procedures, quality documentation, deliverable reports to customers as well as test reports.
- Write proposals in response to customer RFQs and RFIs with support from the engineering and sales colleagues.
- Travel as needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Engineering degree in a technically pertinent domain: RF or mechanical or electrical or aerospace engineering or physics.
- At least 7+ years of experience as a project manager in a high-tech hardware product industry.
- Interested, inquiring and creative approach to cutting edge products in the defense, aeronautics and space industries.
- Must possess the ability to work with a team on resolving complex technical problems and complex management activities.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- A background in RF technologies and communication systems is not mandatory but is an asset.
- A good knowledge of precision mechanical production as well as 3D printing technologies is not mandatory but is an asset.
- Understanding of aeronautic and defence industry design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation principles is an asset.
- Proven ability to write clear technical, quality and management documents.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to lead a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references and achieved degrees through the following email address: email@example.com with subject Senior Project Manager/Family Name