Senior Engineering Project Manager
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
HummingSat is the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
SWISSto12 is also a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
- Lead all phases of the assigned project – from initiation through delivery to the customer.
- Hold accountability for program success on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program financial performance.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Define with the project team the product development plan, prioritize the activities in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product deliverable.
- Lead the partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.
- Maintain & track the program’s requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing.
- Perform risk and opportunity management.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company
Required experience and competencies:
- Extensive experience as a project manager or system engineer in a high-tech hardware product industry, ideally for 7 years or more
- Engineering degree in a technically pertinent domain: electrical or aerospace engineering or physics or mechanical
- Curious and creative in approaching cutting edge products in the defense, aeronautics and space industries.
- Excellent customer focus with experience managing customers and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team on resolving complex technical problems and complex management activities.
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization
- Proven ability to write clear technical, quality and management documents
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
would be a strong plus:
- Experience in aerospace and defence complex system design
- Experience with EW and Electronic Intelligence systems
- Experience as a team leader
- A system engineering background
- A background in RF technologies communication systems
- A good knowledge of precision mechanical production and material engineering
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position is based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between office locations to work teams and suppliers at all locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.