Satellite Ground Products Program Manager
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
HummingSat is the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
SWISSto12 is also a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced telecom satellite ground products program manager to join our development and customer program for our HummingSat GEO satellite product line. Ground products include all the interfacing between the spacecraft and existing ground infrastructure, development of a dynamic satellite simulator, periodic updates of the spacecraft database, all training material and documentation for the delivered ground products and complete spacecraft operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following :
- Lead all phases of programs from initiation through completion.
- Hold accountability for program success on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program financial performance.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for ground program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Lead the strategic ground products partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.
- Overview all tasks related to the spacecraft ground product procurement activities at all phases of the programs.
- Be responsible for the ground products program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Extensive experience in a spacecraft ground products engineering role, preferably 5 years or more.
- Demonstrated real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies.
- Extensive experience in managing a complex software development.
- Extensive experience with various relevant system modelling and analysis tools.
- Excellent customer focus with experience managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to know when and how to trade-off and optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems, manage technical work with partners, conduct technical development projects
- Proven ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization.
- Master or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation is a plus
- Experience in interface definition and management is a plus
- In depth understanding of software development is a plus
- Experience with satellite digital payloads is a plus
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position operates from our Foster City office and will require occasional travel in and between the US and Europe to work teams and supplier at both locations.
Please note that for export control reasons, individuals who would primarily be working in the US office would need to be “US persons,” either US citizens or permanent residents.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
SWISSto12 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V