SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
SWISSto12 is a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems for aerospace applications. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
SWISSto12 is also providing the HummingSat as the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
Swissto12 is recruiting an RF technician to join its development and customer program execution efforts from its office in Renens, Switzerland.
In this role, you will be executing the following tasks:
- Test antennas and other RF devices (waveguides, filters, polarizers, radomes…) using network analyzers up to 67 GHz;
- Install antennas on test fixtures in the company’s own anechoic chamber (according to the assembly drawings and/or 3D models from the PDM system);
- Execute antenna measurements in the anechoic chamber according to test plans;
- Support the Swissto12 operations and R&D teams on a daily basis – participate in the test and production of antennas, RF devices and their assemblies.
Required experience and competencies:
- Meticulous approach to work;
- Experience with practical work and measurements in a low volume/high value production environment;
- Willingness to acquire/enlarge competences in RF and antenna measurements;
- Experience in RF measurements is not a pre-requisite but a plus;
- Experience with the production and quality system in an SME;
- CFC in a technical domain (ideally ‘electronicien/ne’, ‘laborantin/e en physique’) or equivalent;
- Ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of English and French;
- Flexibility to cope with the challenges of a young, rapidly growing company.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position will be based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.