Program Manager – US
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance applications and radio frequency (RF) products to building entire telecommunication satellites, the HummingSat, defining a new category in space.
SWISSto12’s purses the US market for its advanced RF products and systems through its wholly owned subsidiary St12 RF Solutions Inc.
SWISSto12 owns a significant amount of patented technologies uniquely suited to delivering lightweight, compact, high performance, and competitive RF systems. As such, the company has successfully established contracts for its product lines across the globe with industry leading partners and customers such as Intelsat, Thales, Elbit, IAI, Lockheed Martin and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12’s extensive RF product heritage consists primarily of complex integrated RF cavity-based assemblies (e.g., feed assemblies), antenna arrays and complete antenna systems for satellite communications, electronic surveillance, and radar applications, primarily in the space, airborne and surface domains.
SWISSto12 was founded in 2011 as a spin off from the EPFL in Lausanne, is privately owned and backed by prominent European Investors. The company is headquartered in Switzerland and operates two subsidiaries in the US and one in Israel, with a growing team of over 100 people. The company is well funded, has rapidly growing customer revenue streams, and a substantial future contract backlog.
SWISSto12 is recruiting a Program Manager to support the growing number of programs in the St12 RF Solutions portfolio of RF product and subsystem programs. The position is located with the SWISSto12 team in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The role will require some reasonable travel (10%) in the US to meet with customers and partners as well as periodic travel to the Lausanne, Switzerland headquarters for training and support of non-US customer efforts. This position will require weekly onsite presence to effectively perform program management work with a multidisciplinary team of colleagues across mechanical, manufacturing, systems, aerospace and quality engineering, with possibility for some part-time remote office work.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Lead all phases of customer or internal programs from proposal development through completion.
- Accountable for program success and achieving all key metrics including customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, quality delivery and program profitability.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure compliance with the contract and a shared understanding of program execution.
- Primary customer point of contact for all program activities and interactions, lead program reviews, initiate customer feedback, and improvements.
- Lead partners and major suppliers in alignment to the agreements and targets of the customer contracts and drive supplier performance.
- Understand and consolidate customer requirements and specifications in collaboration with colleagues and the customers.
- Maintain & track the program’s contractual requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing program phases
- Perform risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the continual risk management process.
- Be responsible for program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience leading engineering development and production programs in the US SATCOM and US DoD markets, with a focus on RF antenna assemblies and subsystems.
- Demonstrates extensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones as well as technical competency in the application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practices
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Experience with managing customer / operator and supplier interfaces
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds, and across different regions
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Demonstrated experience with various cost and schedule management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical or systems or aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent
- Ability to hold a US DoD Security Clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 10 years’ of experience leading engineering development and production programs in the US SATCOM and US DoD markets, with a focus on RF antenna assemblies and subsystems.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent
- Active US DoD Secret clearance and be eligible for a Top Secret clearance
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,) is an optional plus
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
SWISSto12 and St12 RF Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V