SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
In addition to its RF product line, SWISSto12 also commercializes HummingSat: SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead the production operations of our site in Renens, Switzerland. We are a company organized around product lines and programs. Under the leadership of a program manager who has been mandated to execute a customer order or contract, customer requirements are used to develop/design products that meet the customer requirements, after which these designs are handed over to the production and operations department for manufacturing, assembly and test.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibility for all the production activities of SWISSto12 SA in Renens:
- Plan resources and production schedule,
- Supervise daily execution,
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed,
- Manage the performance of the operations team in Renens,
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time, on budget and that quality standards and targets are met,
- Organize the different production areas including warehouses
- Ensure all operations executed safely and are compliant with all relevant EHS standards at all times
- Manage the company’s production capacity and activities in line with its growth plans.
- Select equipment and assume overall responsibility for its maintenance (preventive and curative).
- Align production processes to both internal and customer quality requirements. Foster and drive continuous improvement.
- Supervise, in collaboration with the Quality team, the quality control and inspection of in-house manufactured or delivered by suppliers’ products.
- Write technical documentation, procedures, production tracking documents.
- Supervise logistics activities to and from suppliers, partners and customers.
- Support projects managed by colleagues.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Proven experience as production manager, preferably involving the assembly of complex equipment, for a minimum of 5 years.
- In-depth knowledge of production and logistics management.
- Good understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills including excellent relationship building skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated strong leaderships skills.
- Attention to detail and very good organizational skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and a pragmatic results-driven approach.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and usual software tools (ERP).
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position This position will be based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between the locations to work with the teams and suppliers at all locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.