Product Assurance Manager – US
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
HummingSat is the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
SWISSto12 is also a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
This position is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the development of a new class of telecommunication satellites. If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to an innovative and fast growing company, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Act of main point of contact for the customer for all PA matters on the spacecraft program.
- Produce PA/QA management plans for the execution and delivery of spacecraft and payload system programs.
- Draft and implement quality assurance policies and procedures within the company and ensure compliance with applicable space industry standards, customer specifications and overall regulations.
- Work with the Program Managers to deliver programs effectively, efficiently and with customer satisfaction.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents.
- Work with the Programs and Engineering colleagues on deepening the understanding of the products and technical processes to drive the definition of quality metrics, requirements, and improvements thereof.
- Participate in various project review meetings as well as formal milestone reviews with customers to ensure that requirements are being met.
- Support the process of risk management, contribute to maintaining the risk register.
- Plan and perform audits and manage corrective actions to validate business processes and identify opportunities as a part of a continuous improvement culture.
- Track, manage, coordinate resolution of non-conformances reports (NCRs) and anomalies.
- Track and manage RFDs and RFWs.
- Contribute to the definition, implementation and management of a configuration management system for spacecraft and payload systems activities.
- Track and report quality assurance metrics to inform of status and improve operations.
- Provide PA/QA reporting to the SWISSto12 program managers as well as management and external customers.
- Manage PA documentation for programs.
- Contribute to the coaching and training of colleagues on quality engineering topics.
- Interact with suppliers in Quality/Product Assurance matters.
- Support in-house Quality Management System activities
- Occasionally you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a small company
Required experience and competencies:
- Extensive experience in a Quality function working on high-technology hardware products, preferably for 5 years or more.
- Master ISO 9001 norm.
- Indepth knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Experience with the design, manufacturing, testing, qualification and delivery of space hardware which achieves customer requirements.
- An understanding of Space related practices, procedures, processes and standards.
- Good knowledge and practice of ECSS and MIL-STD normative systems
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead in areas of Product Assurance and Quality
- Excellent customer focus with experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, physics or a comparable qualification.
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
- Knowledge of the ESA Industry Alert system and the GIDEP system is a plus
- Experience with EN 9100, ISO 13485 or ISO/TS 16949 is an asset
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position will be based in our Foster City office and will require travel in the US and between Europe and the US to work with teams and supplier at both locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
SWISSto12 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V