SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
In addition to its RF product line, SWISSto12 also commercializes HummingSat: SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design and produce 2D and 3D CAD of components and sub-assemblies of radio frequency systems according to the specifications of the internal design office and customers
- Prepare the manufacturing files for the parts as well as determine the construction strategy for parts often complex to manufacture
- Write technical documentation, including user guides, assembly procedures, work instructions
- Development of some mechanical assemblies
- Define associated nomenclatures and assembly plans
- Introduce, check and modify the nomenclatures in the ERP
- Create and codify articles and parts lists
- Contribute to technical exchanges with subcontractors during the design phases
- Carry out dimensional readings of parts and sub-assemblies
- Participate in the mechanical assembly of sub-assemblies
- Interact with project managers, mechanical, electrical and 3D engineer collaborators
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of CAD
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Good knowledge of general mechanics
- Proficiency in IT tools Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP
- Organized, methodical, precise, meticulous and autonomous person
- Ease of communicating effectively, good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Dessinateur-constructeur industriel / Dessinatrice-constructrice industrielle CFC (Federal VET diploma in industrial draughtsman/designer) or HES Engineer Bachelor or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills in English, skills in French are a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position This position can be based in either our Lausanne, Switzerland office.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.