Mechanical and Material Engineer
SWISSto12 is recruiting a Mechanical and Material Engineer to join its development and customer program execution efforts on Radio-Frequency subsystems to work from its office in Renens, Switzerland.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for the development of mechanical assemblies of radio frequency systems including 3D printed components, composite materials and electronics.
- Ensure the solution is fit for its intended purpose and drive technical trade-offs.
- Lead technical exchanges with subcontractors during the design phases
- Design and produce 3D and 2D CAD of components and sub-assemblies according to the specifications of the internal design office and customers.
- Review requirements on materials required for Swissto12 products beyond Additive Manufacturing.
- Define materials, material combinations and manufacturing technologies for the intended purpose.
- Identify and work with suppliers on material choice and solutions.
- Lead mechanical and material qualifications.
- Prepare the manufacturing files for the parts as well as determine the construction strategy for parts often complex to manufacture.
- Write technical documentation, including user guides, assembly procedures, work instructions.
- Create and codify articles and parts lists.
- Interact with project managers, mechanical, electrical and 3D engineer colleagues.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical or material engineering positions.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks.
- Demonstrated experience in materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Good knowledge of general mechanics
- Organized, methodical, precise, meticulous and autonomous person
- Proficiency in IT tools Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Ease of communicating effectively, good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent writing skills in English, skills in French are a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems for Telecommunications, EW and Radar applications in the Aerospace industry. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercial with success in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references through the LinkedIn platform. Should you have any questions, please contact: [email protected]