Material & Process Engineer
SWISSto12 is recruiting a Materials and Process Engineer to join its development and customer program execution efforts on Radio-Frequency subsystems to work from its office in Renens, Switzerland.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for the materials and process aspects of the development of advanced radio frequency system assemblies including 3D printed components, composite materials and electronics.
- Ensure the solution is fit for its intended purpose and drive technical trade-offs.
- Define and consolidate requirements on materials and processes for SWISSto12 products beyond Additive Manufacturing.
- Analyse and select materials, material combinations and manufacturing technologies for the intended purpose.
- Review existing solutions and identify potential suppliers.
- Lead materials and process engineering activities with SWISSto12 customers and subcontractors.
- Lead material and process qualifications on programs.
- Contribute to the design and production of 3D and 2D CAD of components and sub-assemblies according to the specifications of the internal design office and customers in collaboration with colleagues specialised in mechanical design.
- Collaborate with SWISSto12’ quality team to define quality control measures and verification as well as acceptance criteria.
- Write technical documentation, including user guides, assembly procedures, work instructions.
- Create and codify articles and parts lists.
- Interact with project managers, mechanical, electrical and 3D engineer colleagues.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Materials Science, and/or Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical or material engineering positions.
- Demonstrated experience in materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience in environmental qualifications and test procedures
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks is not mandatory but is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Good knowledge of general mechanics
- Organized, methodical, precise, meticulous and autonomous person
- Proficiency in IT tools Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Ease of communicating effectively, good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent writing skills in English, skills in French are a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references through the LinkedIn platform.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems for Telecommunications, Remote sensing and Radar applications in the Aerospace industry. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercial with success in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
Developing from its RF product and system portfolio, SWISSto12 is now progressing on advanced end-to-end payloads and spacecraft missions. The first HummingSat mission has recently been kicked off based on the combination of an order of a reputed satellite telecom operator and a partnership contract with the European Space Agency, it is planned for launch in 2025 . SWISSto12 is hence staffing a satellite program management and execution team to deliver against this HummingSat mission.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as an Israeli subsidiary in Rehovot. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.