Head of Mechanical Engineering
SWISSto12 is recruiting a Head of Mechanical Engineering to join its development and customer program execution efforts on Radio-Frequency subsystems to work from its office in Renens, Switzerland.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide hands-on leadership to the mechanical design team for the development of cutting edge Radio-Frequency products for application in the space, aeronautical and defense industries.
- Set guidelines, provide best practices, guide professional capability development of mechanical, material and thermal engineering.
- Drive continuous improvement of technologies, processes and tools to guarantee high quality, state-of-the-art engineering services.
- Ensure solutions fit for their intended purpose and drive technical trade-offs.
- Drive innovation on new mechanical solutions and materials.
- Actively contribute to the setup, maintenance and development of the company’s PLM tool.
- Interact with project managers, electrical and additive manufacturing engineering colleagues.
- Define materials, design and produce 3D and 2D CAD of components and sub-assemblies.
- Lead technical exchanges with partners and subcontractors during the design phases.
- Lead mechanical and material qualifications.
- Write technical documentation, including user guides assembly procedures, deliverable reports to customers as well as qualification test reports.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Mechanical or Materials or Aeronautical Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in mechanical or material engineering positions.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical, material and manufacturing processes is a must.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Project Management experience is not mandatory but is an asset.
- Organized, methodical, precise, meticulous and autonomous person.
- Experience with thermo-mechanical finite element simulations and optimisations is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and ERP tools.
- Knowledge of PLM tools is an asset.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Ease of communicating effectively, good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent writing skills in English, skills in French are a plus
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems for Telecommunications, EW and Radar applications in the Aerospace industry. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercial with success in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
Developing from its RF product and system portfolio, SWISSto12 is now progressing on advanced end-to-end payloads. SWISSto12’s advanced and compact payloads are to be hosted either on its own MicroGEO missions or on customised 3rd party satellite platforms for the benefit of customers in the satellite operator ecosystem. The first MicroGEO mission has recently been kicked off and is planned for launch in 2025 (LINK). SWISSto12 is hence staffing a satellite program management and execution team to deliver against these MicroGEO missions. This Head of Mechanical Engineering position will partially contribute to SWISSto12’s MicroGEO programs.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references through the JobUp platform.