GEO Telecom Satellite Program Manager
SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems.
HummingSat is SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced GEO Telecom Satellite Program Manager to join our development and customer program for our HummingSat GEO satellite product line.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all phases of the assigned program- from initiation through delivery to the customer.
- Hold accountability for program success on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program financial performance.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Lead the strategic partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.[PE1]
- Overview all tasks related to the spacecraft procurement activities at all phases of the programs.
- Maintain & track the program’s requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing.
- Perform risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the continual risk management process.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- 5 or more years of experience on GEO spacecraft program or equivalent complex space program and systems engineering. Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation
- Indepth understanding of the principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation.
- Demonstrated extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones.
- Proven ability to resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Excellent customer focus with experience managing GEO customer / operator and supplier interfaces
- Proven ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work on a self-initiated basis, while being part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ease at working across different cultures and different levels of an organization.
- Experience with various relevant schedule tools
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite,
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,) is an optional plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position can operate either from our Foster City office or our Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between the two locations to work with teams and suppliers at both locations. In addition, this role will be closely involved with the satellite AIT campaign and will require onsite presence in Southern California during the AIT campaign.
Please note that for export control reasons, individuals who would primarily be working in the US office would need to be “US persons”, either US citizens or permanent residents
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
SWISSto12 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V