Senior Systems Engineer for EW
SWISSto12 is recruiting an experienced Systems Engineer in Sigint/Elint/EW domain to join its development and customer program execution efforts.
The position opened to work from Israel or Switzerland and requires travel between Israel and Switzerland to work with the integrated team active across both locations for the relevant programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for system engineering activities of EW products, working within SWISSto12 team, with external partners and suppliers and in close collaboration with customers.
- Responsible for defining use cases,requirements and Environmental Qualification Plans to ensure SWISSto12’s solutions fit for their intended purpose by owning DVT and qualification to customer needs and MIL-STD, DO-160, DEF STAN, etc ….
- Drive the high-level design process with the customer, define interfaces and analyse technical trade-offs.
- Responsible for the definition of system level integration tests flow down of system level tests to Mechanical & RF validation activities and coordination with the project team.
- Monitor EW technology and market trends, define and contribute to research & development initiatives in the EW application field.
- Support EW system level assembly, integration, and testing, in-house and in the field.
- Lead the drafting of technical chapters of proposals under preparation in the EW application space: elaborate technical concepts, review or draft statements of work, specifications and operating budgets.
- Responsible in specific engineering projects for planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality objectives are attained within time and financial budgets.
- Travel to customers in Europe and Israel as needed to support projects and pre-sales processes.
- Contribute to the development of long-term plans and objectives for the EW product line.
- Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Engineer degree, Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or equivalent and at least 7 years of relevant experience working with incrementally complex Mechanical, electronic or RF systems. Experience working with EW systems is a plus.
- Hands on delivery experience of design, development, verification, validation, industrialization and qualification aspects of complex engineering projects, delivered via gated reviews in fields of Space, Aerospace, Defence or other safety critical environment.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Must possess the ability to optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Extensive experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking, via use of e.g. Valispace (preferred) or Reqtify, Jama, Doors, etc … and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies.
- Understanding of aeronautic or defence industry design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation principles is a must.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in Hebrew or French are a plus.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis…) is a plus.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references and achieved degrees through the Linkedin platform.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced engineered Radio-Frequency (RF) products for EW, Radar and Telecommunication applications. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercially with success in Europe and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. The company also develops the US market on RF products with CAES as a local partner. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss Aerospace and Defence company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Rehovot Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.