EW / Radar systems Engineer
SWISSto12 is recruiting an experienced EW and Radar Systems Engineer to join its development and customer program execution efforts.
The position opened herein permits to Work at Home from everywhere in Europe or Israel but requires regular travel between Israel and Switzerland to work with the integrated team active across both locations for the relevant programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the requirements gathering and high level design process with the customer of advanced EW and radar antenna systems.
- Responsible for system engineering activities for these systems, working within SWISSto12 team, with external partners and suppliers and the customers.
- Ensure the system is fit for its intended purpose and analyse technical trade-offs, perform RF and electrical system requirements definition, analyses, trades, design.
- Contribute to the definition and execution of research & development initiative in the EW and Radar application field.
- Support EW/ Radar RF system level assembly, integration, and testing.
- Lead the technical part of proposals under preparation in the EW and Radar application space, including architecting technical concepts, reviewing or drafting statements of work, specifications and operating budgets.
- Responsible in specific engineering project(s) for planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Work with platform suppliers to design, produce, and deliver systems compatible with such platforms.
- Contribute to progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Occasional travels to customers as needed to support proposals and projects.
- May also contribute to the development of annual and long-term objectives for the Division/Group.
- Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by mentoring younger engineers, and directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required talent.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Engineer degree, Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or equivalent and at least 10 years of relevant experience working with incrementally complex EW or Radar RF systems.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones.
- Must possess the ability to optimize performance, resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies.
- Understanding of aeronautic and defence industry design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation principles is a must.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics.
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic proficiency with CAD software.
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in Hebrew or French are a plus.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,…) is a plus.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, at least three references and achieved degrees via our LinkedIn platform or through the following email address:[email protected] with subject EW / Radar systems Engineer/Family Name
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced engineered Radio-Frequency (RF) products for Electronic Warfare (EW), Radar and Telecommunication applications in the Aerospace and Defence industries. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has developed commercially with success in Europe and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI and the European Space Agency. The company also develops the US market on RF products with CAES as a partner. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss Aerospace and Defence company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Israel. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.