Elint / SigInt Product line manager
SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems.
HummingSat is SWISSto12’s innovative, small-sized telecommunications satellite product line developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA); and recently selected by Intelsat to build Intelsat 45. It is scheduled for launch in 2025. HummingSat’s uniqueness comes from its small size and highly capable telecommunications payload.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced product line manager to work on developing our portfolio of Elint / Sigint and surveillance solutions as well as to support customer program execution efforts.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and document the relationship between our product features and their high-level value creation for our customers who integrate aerospace systems.
- Understand the technical aspects of our customer requirements as they apply to our products, capture the customer problems and translate them into technical/engineering requirements for product management including design, performance needs and features.
- Analyze and document the customer requirements and see how to intergrate them into the company’s product strategy and drive bid/no-bid decisions alongside colleagues from Sales.
- Standardize and document the product line offering, its technical requirements, features, options, lead-times and pricing.
- Drive the definition of the product line strategy with the relevant engineering, sales, program office and operations teams to translate the product strategy into detailed and documented product definitions and requirements.
- Prepare detailed product costings and pricing models with emphasis on reusability.
- Monitor the creation and development of new products, track customer satisfaction, participate in the product decision making process and measure product success.
- Provide competitive analysis including analysis of requirements across the customer base, market trends, identify market opportunities, competitive advantage/disadvantage, advise on pricing and promotional decisions.
- Identify and generate business cases for product extensions and product enhancements.
- Drive product line content generation for marketing purpose.
- Draft technical chapters of proposals under preparation in the product line: elaborate technical concepts, review or draft statements of work, specifications and operating budgets.
- Train colleagues and partners on the product line and market landscape.
- Participate in industry events and associations to become familiar with the major contractors and players in the industry. Plan and attend trade-shows and events for the specific markets.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
- This product line management position will focus on SWISSto12’s Elint/Sigint activities and can potentially develop with opportunities in EW and Radar applications.
Required experience and competencies:
- Experience working with Elint/SigInt or EW/Radar applications along with the associated product and stakeholder landscape.
- Proven ability to build indepth understanding of customer’s requirement, including understanding the customers programmatic and commercial requirements.
- Solid business ability to understand and anticipate customer requirements and needs as well as recognize market trends.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces.
- Excellent customer engagement skills and customer focus.
- Able to work on a self-initiated basis, while being part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability working across different cultures and different levels of an organization.
- Problem-solving mind-set, willing to build proposals with challenging customer requirements.
- Hands on delivery experience of designing, developing, verifying, validating, industrializing and qualifying aspects of complex engineering projects, delivered via gated reviews in fields of Space, Aerospace, Defense or other critical environments.
- An indepth understanding of aeronautics or defense industry design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation principles.
- Engineer degree, Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or equivalent and at least 7 years of relevant engineering, program management or product management experience.
- Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation.
- Basic proficiency with CAD software.
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in Hebrew or French are a plus.
Working conditions and contract:
The position opened to work from Israel and requires travel between Israel and Switzerland to work with teams and customers in both locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.