Director of Business Development (US)
St12 RF Solutions Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of SWISSto12 and operates in the USA under an upcoming Special Security Agreement (SSA) to access DoD and national programs and frontend the company’s RF product business in the USA.
SWISSto12 is Switzerland’s fastest-growing aerospace company and a leading developer of advanced satellite payloads and systems, and advanced Radio-Frequency (RF) products and systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA.
SWISSto12 is partnered with FrontGrade (previously known as CAES or Cobham) to market its Additively Manufactured (AM) RF technology to US customers. Under this partnership, FrontGrade has built an end-to-end manufacturing and test capability (LINK), based on SWISSto12’s unique and patented technology, at the FrontGrade Exeter (NH) facility. In addition to the manufacturing capability, SWISSto12 and CAES routinely collaborate on product development, as well as supporting companies in the US, primarily in the Aerospace industry, with SWISSto12’s proprietary technology. SWISSto12’s extensive RFAM heritage consists primarily of complex integrated RF cavity-based assemblies (e.g., feed assemblies), antenna arrays and complete antenna systems for satellite communications, electronic surveillance/direction finding, and radar applications – primarily in the space, airborne and surface domains.
If you are looking for a position where you can play an active role in contributing to an innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for a Sr. Director of Business Development to grow our market share in the US for RF products and subsystems, working in collaboration with its local partner FrontGrade. In this role you will lead business development and sales for St12 RF Solutions Inc.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the BD & Sales function for the Radio-Frequency Additively Manufactured (RFAM) products in the US Defense and Space markets to drive top line growth.
- Engage with customers, partners, representatives, and product line and engineering personnel to develop a robust sales pipeline; promote /develop new products and frame the competitive landscape.
- Demonstrate an understanding of RF technologies, applications and customer & competitor solutions, markets, and capabilities to target new opportunities. Obtain customer feedback for new product idea generation.
- Develop and execute key account development plans to qualify new business leads and opportunities and drive pipeline growth.
- Actively drive the new business capture process and partner with Product Management to support the proposal process. Effectively interface with internal personnel, customers and representatives to champion and win new business and secure existing business.
- Generate opportunity capture plans and lead strategic pursuits to increase the win probability.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers, partners, representatives, engineering, and product line personnel to drive growth.
- Gain critical intelligence regarding new business opportunities to increase the win probability and to best support customer needs.
- Lead marketing and sales promotion activities, seminars, trade shows in the US etc.
- Articulate customers’ needs to product line management and engineering to facilitate new product and product derivative discussions. Contribute to development of product, marketing, and R&D strategies.
Required experience and competencies:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience working with RF/Microwave products, antennas, electronically steered arrays, and RF Subsystems.
- Several years of demonstrated experience in driving growth, business development and sales (preferably) with a background as Electrical or System Engineer designing RF applications/ solutions.
- Excellent follow-up skills to provide the necessary actions on open opportunities & issues.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers, partners, and product line personnel to facilitate the capture of new opportunities.
- Pre-existing Relationships with DOD prime contractors.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to sell & promote to both external & internal customers.
- Proficient with CRM platforms and usage
- Experience working with main defense prime contractors or from military service/defense prime contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in engineering, science, or math)
- Proven ability to establish enduring relationships with US Defense and Space prime contractors (e.g., Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Technologies, L3 Harris, etc.)
- US Citizen – with the ability to successfully hold a Secret level clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in engineering, science, or math
- Active Secret clearance or eligible for Top Secret clearance
- Demonstrated experience in providing guidance, support and mentoring to sales and BD resources involved in RFAM business development.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This role can be remote or co-located with the SWISSto12 team in New Hampshire, with frequent on-site engagement at the CAES facility in Exeter, NH. The role will require extensive traveling (40-60%) in the US to meet with customers and partners as well as regular travel to the Lausanne, Switzerland headquarters for training and periodic support of non-US customer efforts
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with IntelSat and ESA for HummingSat as well as contracts for their RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, CAES, Elbit, IAI and the ESA. SWISSto12 is a spin off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 50. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
FrontGrade is a leader in the field of advanced electronics for the most technologically challenging aerospace and defense systems. As the largest provider in the US of mixed-signal and radiation-hardened technology to the United States aerospace and defense industry, FrontGrade delivers high-reliability RF, microwave and millimeter wave, microelectronic, and digital solutions. On land, at sea, in the air, in space and in cyberspace, FrontGrade’s extensive electronics and enhanced manufacturing capabilities are at the forefront of mission-critical innovation. www.frontgrade.com.
SWISSto12 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V