Configuration and Document Management Administrator – US
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
HummingSat is the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the IS-45 satellite.
SWISSto12 is also a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
We are looking for an experienced Satellite Configuration and Documentation Management Administrator to join our development and customer program team for our HummingSat GEO satellite product line. If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all Configuration and Document Management (CADM) activities:
- Create and manage document workflows
- Setup guidelines and rules on the use of our PLM and Requirements Management software (Windchill)
- Ensure the correct use of the PLM software
- Create and manage templates for all documents
- Manage Master Document List, including version control and distribution
- Provide support and guidance to users on Windchill
- Manage the technical documentation workflows from doc creation to delivery
- Manage the Windchill system as Super User/Administrator
- Interface with Windchill vendor for system maintenance and upgrade implementation
- Manage data packages for reviews, incl. distribution, sign-off of review minutes, and other close-out actions
- Maintain config control on vendor supplied documentation and roll into HummingSat Config Items as needed.
- Support archiving and distribution of all software releases
- General support with documentation (i.e., review, formatting, checking references, etc.)
- Support generation of monthly / quarterly snapshots of configuration items such as budgets, LLI List, EQSL, schematics, and block diagrams
- Support for major milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, LRR, etc.)
- Verify deliverables for all major milestones.
- Prepare data packages with updates (pre-, during, and post-review)
- Support RIDs disposition, AI closure, and corresponding updates and releases for relevant docs
- Hold review prep meetings to ensure all deliverables are being generated and delivered in a timely manner
- Hold Post-review meeting to ensure all materials updated for close-out delivery
- Provide training for new staff on document management processes and tools
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in configuration document management or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge of CADM policies and procedures
- Software Knowledge: A product lifecycle management system; Windchill, Indepth knowledge of MS Word
- Customer service oriented
- A proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to calmly navigate a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details
- Thorough and systematic approach
- Ability to work in a team and to build effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite; French is a plus.
- Experience with PTC Windchill
- Familiarity with satellites is a plus.
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is based in our Foster City office and will require occasional travel between the two locations to work teams and supplier at both locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.
SWISSto12 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. EEO M / F / D / V