Antenna RF Engineer – Surveillance
SWISSto12 is one of the world’s fastest-growing aerospace companies, evolving from its pioneering use of 3D printing technologies for high-performance Radio Frequency (RF) products and applications to recently announcing the manufacture of entire geostationary telecom satellites, called HummingSat, that define a new category in space.
SWISSto12 is a leading provider of Radio-Frequency (RF) products and sub-systems for aerospace applications. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF products.
SWISSto12 is also providing the HummingSat as the world’s first commercial telecom GEO SmallSat developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA). Its uniquely compact size combined with highly capable telecom payloads allows telecommunications operators to deploy a cost-efficient, compact and agile asset without sacrificing performance or security. HummingSat has recently been selected by Inmarsat to build three I-8 satellites and in 2022 by Intelsat to build the I-45 satellite.
If you are looking for position where you can play an active role in contributing to innovative and growing company, this role is for you.
We are looking for an experienced Antenna RF Engineer to join our development and customer program teams with a focus on Radio-Frequency subsystems.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design broadband (0.4 to 40 GHz) antennas such as ridge horns and spirals, and design arrays including these antennas as well as PCB polarizers, radomes, etc.
- Perform system analyses and trade studies in the context of direction-finding antenna systems.
- Interact with mechanical engineering for design iterations to ensure manufacturability of the developed RF designs for 3D printing.
- Prepare detailed RF test plans for Vector Network Analyzer and Anechoic Chamber measurements and process test results.
- Contribute to product qualification from antenna / RF perspective.
- Work with customers to review the requirements and to present the results.
- Prepare documentation for our customers (design reports, test plans and test reports).
- Participate in technical discussions/negotiations with suppliers, partners and customers.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- Proven experience in relevant antenna development for EW applications, preferably for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience in RF testing and product qualification.
- Proven experience having performed and/or RF test plans for Vector Network Analyzer and Anechoic Chamber measurements in the pasts is a must.
- Demonstrated problem-solving mind-set with a willingness to build proposals against challenging customer requirements.
- Ability to write complex technical documents.
- Able to work on a self-initiated basis while being part of a team.
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Good customer focus with experience in engaging with customers and supplier.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus on microwave antennas and microwave electronics.
- Language: Fluent in English (with emphasis on excellent writing skills), French is a plus.
- Previous experience with Electronic Intelligence systems is a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. This position This position is based in our Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between the Europe, the US and Israel to work with teams and suppliers in the different locations.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through LinkedIn
More about SWISSto12:
SWISSto12 has successfully established contracts with Inmarsat, Intelsat and ESA for HummingSat as well as an established and growing business for its RF product line in Europe, the US and Israel with prominent partners and customers such as Thales, Frontgrade, Elbit, IAI, Profen and ESA. SWISSto12 spun-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) in 2011, is privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors. SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Foster City California, another team in New Hampshire, as well as in Rehovot, Israel with a total growing team of over 80. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream.